Monday, September 11, 2017

Changes

Hello my friends.  Just a quick post to say hello.  Changes.. Autumn is almost here so I've got the fall wreath on the door.  We hung up some of the things on the wall that were down during the repainting project.  That chaff strainer I found in my grandparent's chicken house in Oklahoma.


Changes.. our household now includes our older son and his dog Meeka.  It was interesting to see how Buddy dealt with a new dog in the house.  He did very well!  We now have 3 dogs in our home.  :-)  Walking through the house has gotten to be like a obstacle course when they're sprawled about on the floor.  LOL!


Meeka.  Caleb has bonded with her and is even starting to train her to do new things.  


Our son Shawn has let the dog get up on his lap and it's comical when he does it, but this is Meeka on MY lap and she's tried to also get on Dayle's lap, so we're discouraging this.  :-)


Today we remember 9/11 - the day our country was attacked by terrorists who hijacked 4 commercial jets and took control of them and used them and the poor passengers as a means of mass destruction to the twin towers in NYC, the Pentagon, and one which crashed in a field but was meant to hit the White House.  They meant to crush us but they did not.  


The fire is still burning, but we are safe for now.  The wind has shifted back towards us and you can smell the smoke in the air outside.  The evacuations are STILL in effect due to the possibility that the winds will force the fire back towards the west and our home.  The fire has grown to 34,000 acres.  Wish us luck!  OK.. I'm off to my DAR meeting and then to swim.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are safe, long may that last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a full house. Meeka is gorgeous! Praying those fires are out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeka is a beautiful dog. I love the fact that some of the bigger dogs believe they're lap dogs. Our son's dog does this too and he is a huge lab. Praying for you and those around you with the fire Teresa. We had very, very strong wind from the south on Saturday and it cleared a lot of our smoke out but you can still smell it in the air. We will never forget. Our flag is flying high today.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, I hope that your lovely home and your family will be safe. On this day of remembrance we recall all those who died 11 years ago and yet see the natural disasters facing so many through fires and hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dog, I'm glad he's settling in well with you all. I do hope the fires don't come close to you. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending you my best wishes. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to read that all is okay for now and wish for it to stay that way xoxo You have a full house for sure lol Me just back from 6 weeks away and yet to do any blog posts about it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving Meeka. I so need another dog. I can wait until I'm retired - about 1 1/2 years to go. I thought about dancing naked in the rain the other day but controlled myself even as I enjoyed the rain taking the smoke out of the air for a bit. You have a full house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Teresa. Such a beautiful dog! You certainly have a full house!!! So glad you and yours are safe. My thoughts were with all on Sept 11th. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that is a change Teresa..having your son back with his dog. I hope things all work out for you all. His dog is gorgeous...Bear is half alsasian..such gorgeous creatures. I hope the fires stay away for you and I think about you lots. Sending hugs from Rhodes, we fly home tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want Meeka. Gorgeous. Im praying for you. I know we've never met but I love our bloggy friendship. Wishing the fires stop and the worry can cease. Amid it all you keep volunteering. You are a superwoman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear your home and loved ones are safe from the fire. Hope it stays that way! Meeka is a beauty! Our cairn would have never tolerated any other pets so Buddy is being a good sport. Sounds like you will be busier than ever...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you and yours are safe from the fire and I hope the fires can be stopped soon! The local Burbank, CA, news showed an arial view of the Columbia River with smoke obscuring the normal pristine view today, but I am glad you are able to enjoy time with your family and activities you enjoy in spite of the smoke! Mary texted me a photo of what she thinks is a Golden Pheasant that landed in the driveway next to our home in OR...an amazing sighting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We once had a sweet Collie dog, Rusty that thought he was a lap dog. He dearly loved to be close to us, so he'd work his way under our feet whilst we sat in our chairs so he could be as close as possible. Sure miss him. Our Cairn Gus (RIP) hated bog dogs only went he was on his lead. But off his lead he'd play with the big dogs until he was flat out exhausted. Be safe! Praying these fires are out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another wonderful, uplifting post...thank you for being so fabulous in the midst of uncertainty. You are a wonderful example for me. I love seeing your beautiful home and reading about the sweetness of your life; you are a very inspiring lady!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)